The 2015 Public Policy Agenda features the following policy areas:
- Elementary and Secondary Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Special Education
- Education Funding
- Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Child Nutrition
- School Safety
2015 Public Policy Agenda and Executive Summary
Webinars detailing each section of the agenda are also available.
National PTA's annual public policy agenda outlines policy priorities and recommendations for Congress. The priorities are selected based on the:
- Timeliness of issue (what is being considered before Congress and the Administration).
- Opportunities for National PTA to provide leadership and expertise to Congress, alignment to National PTA’s mission and resolution.
- Ability to achieve a meaningful policy change that will produce positive results for children and their families.
Policy Issue Briefs
National PTA has prepared issue briefs meant to educate PTA members about existing laws and their impact on PTA legislative priorities in the areas of family engagement, ESEA-NCLB, Special Education, Child Health and Nutrition and Juvenile Justice.