The National PTA® Military Alliance for Parents and Partners is a group of organizations that work together to provide resources to and advocate for military-connected families.
The alliance identifies and addresses the unique social and educational challenges that these families face due to issues of deployment and mobility, among others. Specifically, members of the alliance work both jointly and independently with National PTA to develop a collaborative strategy to create awareness around serving military families and provide and develop resources for military families.
The participants include:
DoDEA: U.S. Department of Defense Education Activity
Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission Toolkit
Parent, teacher and school resources, including a video, tip sheets and PowerPoint presentations.
Time to Talk Kit for Parents of Military Families
Parent guides for answering tough questions, specifically for military families.
School Liaison Officers
The School Liaison Officer is an advocate for the educational needs of military children.
PTA Resolution: Educational Opportunity for Military Children
National PTA's support of the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
PTA MAPP Brochure
Outline of the PTA Military Alliance for Parents and Partners and advice for military families in transition.
What PTAs Can Do
- Using National Standards to Support Military Families
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission Toolkit
- Time to Talk Kit for Parents of Military Families
- School Liaison Officers
- PTA Resolution: Educational Opportunity for Military Children
- PTA MAPP Brochure
- Organizational Resources for Military Families
- Fact Sheet on the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities
- The Rules of Engagement
- Sample: Colorado State PTA Military Family Welcome Packet